COVID-19 Update | 3.21.20
Update about NYC School Food Grab and Go Meals:
Starting on Monday March 23rd, grab and go meals will only be available at 439 sites. Please note that these sites may change over time. We will notify you if there are any changes. Please find the list of current sites here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEIMAScZafqG8bfb8uXFlp5j6iPQqnz5/view?usp=sharing
- Any students 18 and under may go to any of these sites to pick up one breakfast and two lunch meals.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available for grab and go from 7:30am-1:30pm.
- The grab and go meals will be distributed at the main building entrance.
- At the moment, students will only be able to pick up one day’s worth of meals (one breakfast and two lunch meals).
Update about Childcare at Regional Recreation Centers (RECs):
Regional Enrichment Centers (RECs) have been created so that first responders, health care providers, transit workers and other key personnel are able to go to work.
- An REC is where the children of our front-line workers can be safely cared for while their parents continue to serve the city in this time of need. Staffed by DOE employees and community-based organization partners, the centers will provide children with three hot meals daily, remote learning time with their teachers, activities like art and music, and social and emotional support. Regional Enrichment Centers will be available citywide.
- Eligible parents can complete the survey here: https://bit.ly/2xfzEVe